- Pumpkin Scissors (パンプキン·シザーズ Panpukin Shizāzu?), is a manga published by Kodansha in "Magazine GREAT", created and authored by Ryotaro Iwanaga. It started in 2002 and is still ongoing.
- An anime adaptation of Pumpkin Scissors was released, produced by Gonzo and AIC, which began airing on October 2, 2006 across several Japanese television stations and ended on March 19, 2007. The series was initially licensed in North America by ADV Films in 2007, but was then transferred to FUNimation Entertainment in 2008.
- It had been three years since a bitter war between the Royal Empire, and the Republic of Frost had ended in an armistice known as the Thin Ice Treaty... and for the Empire, what happened afterword was more horrible than the war itself! Economic collapse, famine and epidemics have turned the once-proud Empire into a non-awaking nightmare, and even worse, some former soldiers have turned their war weapons against the citizens that they once protected!
- Within the Empire's army, a special unit is formed: State Section III, whose duty is to rally the morale of the Empire's citizens as they struggle to rebuild from the war's aftermath. However, the unit is regarded more as a waste of Imperial resources, as they only offer token acts of war relief.
- That all changed when 2nd Lieutenant Alice L. Malvin was assigned to the unit. Coming from one of the Empire's proudest noble families, Malvin earnestly believes that the unit can do more than run bread lines and soup kitchens - it can be at the razor's edge of eliminating the base reason for the Empire's troubles, namely corrupt nobles who aggravate the effects of the war for their own enrichment and/or amusement. Thus inspired, Malvin nicknames the unit "Pumpkin Scissors", and actively works to bring justice to those who need it the most - the common people!
- It wasn't long when a new member joins the unit - Randel Oland, a large-framed veteran of the war who belonged to a super-secret unit, the 901st A.T.T. (Anti-Tank Troup). Normally a calm, kind-hearted individual, Oland becomes a one-man wrecking machine when the blue lantern he wears is opened. And just as Oland joins the unit, they find themselves going against a mysterious conspiracy within the Empire, giving the villains within it advanced weapons - that of which threatens to send the masses against the nobility, plunging the land into anarchy!