|Faction|| 908 HTT, Alt Schmied Jäger (former) |
Society of the Silver Wheel
|Occupation|| Military (former) |
|Last Appears||Episode 17|
|Japanese Voice||Junji Majima (間島 淳司)|
|English Voice||Vic Mignogna|
- Hans is a 908th troop soldier who works for Albert Mion after the war.
- During the war with the Republic of Frost, Hans served in the 908th High-Temperature Troop (more commonly known as "Alt Schmied Jäger" or "Old Smith Hunter"), one of several top-secret soldiers created by Dr. Kauplan. Because of the dangerous nature of his work – using a flame thrower – he, as well as other members of his platoon, were issued special garments insulated in an analgesic liquid to protect themselves from the flames. But after the war was over, when Hans' fellows took off their outfits, they succumbed to horrible burns, as the liquid no longer protected them. Hans was only spared because he had trouble taking off his.
- As a result, Hans never took off his suit, and now serves as an enforcer for the Empire's water distribution chief, Mr. Mion, who has taken advantage of refugees living in the underground aqueducts for his drug pushing empire.
- Hans was just like other normal people until all his comrades succumbed to death. He has since become deranged, claiming to only feel warm when he kills others with his flame thrower.
- It isn't revealed how Hans ended up serving Mr. Mion but it can be assumed that it has something to do with the Society of the Silver Wheel.
- Mion uses Hans to defend himself whenever he is pursued by the military. Hans was first deployed to burn the two officers from Section I inside the sewers. Later he faced the Pumpkin Scissors team. But Oland showed up to fight him off. Seeing the 901st lantern, Hans recognized him as an Invisible 9 comrade. However, a sudden flow of water washed them away from each other and Oland returns with his teammates.