- The 908th High-Temperature Troops, also known as "Alt Schmied Jäger" (Old Smith Hunter or One-eyed Cremator 単眼の火葬兵 - Japanese), was one of the secret units of the 'Invisible 9' developed by Dr. Kauplan to fight for the Imperial Army during the war.
- Deployed illegally during the war, the troops fought for their empire. After the ceasefire, all the 908th's members took off their specially insulated and armored suits - with the exception of Hans, who was having problems with removing his. However, within a few minutes, all his comrades started spilling blood and died one-by-one from horrible burns. Hans was the only member of the 908th to survive.
- This troop was developed to use flame throwers to burn-down brush and barricades along the way of the advancing army. But they were legally banned by international accord, because the flame throwers could also be used to inhumanly kill people, either military or civilian.
- There was a problem with the implementation of this unit, because no matter what kind of insulation they wore, the extremely high temperatures of the flames they shot would damage their bodies. So, the researchers came up with the 'protection fluid' scheme. The soldiers were given specially-designed insulated suits filled with a protective fluid, which enabled them to resist the heat of the flames. However, this was a lie concocted by the Kauplan Organization, to confidentially allow the soldiers to wear their suits. Originally, the fluid was an anesthetic that could dull the senses of temperature, so that the soldiers lost their ability to feel the burns in their bodies. However, once the suits were removed, this attribute was lost, and the soldiers that removed the suits soon died horribly.
- It is assumed that the name is derived from alphabetical order; e.g. 908 HTT = H is the 8th alphabet.
- The 908th H.T.T.'s nicknames seem to be a reference to the Wakayama folktale of the Ippon-Datara (一本だたら), a ghostly blacksmith with one eye and one leg.
- Hans (Deceased)